Assumption College’s Career Development and Internship Center (CDIC) helps students build the skills and experience they will need for a successful – and meaningful – career. Our CDIC advisors are available to assist students from the first year through graduation in choosing the academic major and career options that are right for them and ensuring that they have the professional development and networking tools to make those aspirations a reality.
Summer Internships and More
Paid and unpaid internships for college students are secured through the CDIC's combination of one-on-one advising with extensive reference resources and the valuable connections that will favorably position students for that first internship, job or admission to graduate school. Summer internships or internships during the fall or spring semester are encouraged for all Assumption students. We’re proud of our proven success: 79% of Assumption’s 2016 graduates completed at least one experiential learning opportunity during their college career and 98% of the class of 2015 was employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
Assumption’s CDIC can help you with:
- Choosing a major and career path that fits your strengths
- Learning everything you need to know about your future career path, including how to develop and refine your resume and cover letter, through our comprehensive resource library
- Finding and pursuing internship opportunities with companies and organizations such as Boston Children’s Hospital, Channel 7 News WHDH, Deloitte, EMC, Ernst & Young, Fidelity Investments, Telegram & Gazette, UMASS Medical School, Worcester Public Schools, Worcester Superior Court and YWCA of Central MA
- Building professional contacts through Career Development & Networking events
- Preparing for a job interview with mock interviews offered by CDIC staff
- Facilitating the pursuit of employment with organizations such as Bain Capital Credit, Barton Associates, Beacon ABA Services, Bose, The Bridge of Central MA, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, The Hanover Insurance Group, HMEA, IntePros Consulting, Key Program, Marcum LLP, New England Center for Children, Riverside Community Care, RSM/McGladrey, TEKsystems and You Inc.